- BIR does not offer a daily registration rate. Each delegate must pay the full registration fee mentioned below, regardless of the time spent at the convention.
- One registration form must be filled in for each attending delegate.
- An accompanying spouse is not a delegate and is not entitled to participate in the business sessions and meetings.
- Registrations will not be processed without proof of payment, i.e. credit card details or copy of bank transfer.
- The confirmation of the registration will only be sent by email or letter by AOPC if the above conditions are fulfilled and after the payment has been received/proofed.
In order to facilitate your registration, we strongly encourage you to register and pay online.
What Your Fee Covers
- Participation in the plenary meetings and workshops
- Invitation to the Welcome Reception on Monday, 29 October 2012
- One Divisional Luncheon (to be selected on the registration form)
- Access to the hospitality area
- The accompanying spouse’s complimentary registration*
* When mentioned on the registration form, the spouse (under the condition that he/she is not involved in business) receives a complimentary badge and free access to the Hospitality area and to the Welcome Reception.
Conditions of Attendance
The Convention is open to fully registered delegates representing BIR member companies and to registered officers from national federations (i.e. President and/or Executive Director) which have paid their annual membership dues to BIR. Membership within a national federation affiliated to BIR does not automatically entitle a company to register delegates to the Convention.
However, representatives from Spanish companies affiliated to the Spanish recycling associations FER, REPACAR, GREMI DE RECUPERACION DE CATALUNYA will be exceptionally authorized to register at the same fees as BIR ordinary members.
Subject to space availability, “Observer” status can also be granted once, to any representative from non-member companies. Unless they are members of a BIR National Association, observers must first submit their request along with the support of at least 2 BIR member companies, from 2 different countries to the BIR Brussels Secretariat for prior approval. After the convention, any “observer” must make sure that his/her company joins the organisation if he/she wants to attend any future BIR conventions.
BEWARE OF BADGE FRAUD: lending a convention badge to someone who is not registered is considered fraud and will result in the delegate’s immediate exclusion from the convention, the suspension of company membership privileges and possible expulsion from the organisation following a disciplinary process. Random checks will be carried out throughout the convention area.
Categories of Fees* (in € - Euro)
* Incl. VAT
|Before 20 September 2012||After 20 September 2012|
|A delegate from a BIR Gold Member company*||€ 1200
|A delegate from a BIR Ordinary Member company
|A representative from a member company affiliated to FER, REPACAR, GREMI DE RECUPERACION DE CATALUNYA.||€ 1350||€ 1500
* Special discount: for any Gold Member company that wants to register more than two delegates, a special discount of 20% will be applied to additional delegates’ registration fees, provided that all these registration forms are returned to AOPC together with the corresponding proof of payment.
|At All Times|
|A Young Trader (members only - under 35 years)*||€ 850
|A delegate interested only in Textiles, Tyres and/or Plastics (members only)
|An Observer||€ 1800
* Please provide a photocopy of the ID card.
Methods of payment
- Credit cards: VISA / AMEX MasterCard / Eurocard
- Bank transfer to the following account:
Account Holder: AOPC
Account Number (IBAN): ES62 2100 3306 1722 0033 8080
Swift Code (BIC): CAIXESBBXXX
Bank Name: CaixaBank
Bank Address: Johann Sebastian Bach, 6 - 08021 BARCELONA
Reference: Name of the company + name of delegate(s)
- All payments are to be made in € - and without any charge for the beneficiary.
- Bank transfers must specify full details of the company and delegate's name.
- A copy of the transfer slip must always be attached to the registration form(s) which are covered by the transfer.
In order to facilitate your registration we strongly encourage you to register and pay online on the BIR convention page. Also, preference will always be given to credit card payment.
- Cancellation of the registration must be notified in writing (e-mail, fax) to AOPC.
- Cancellations before 5 October 2012 will entitle registered delegates to a full refund of the registration fee (minus € 100 to cover administrative expenses).
- After 5 October 2012, no refund will be granted, except for justified health reasons.
Important ! : BIR declines any responsibility in case a participant does not obtain his visa in due time and as a result has to cancel his registration after 5 October. Should a delegate cancel his/her registration/hotel reservation because a visa has not been granted, the delegate will be bound by the registration and hotel reservation terms and conditions. We recommend our delegates to subscribe to an insurance covering their cancellation after the deadline of 5 October.
Any change or cancellation of a reservation should be made in writing to AOPC and not directly to the hotel. Refund in case of cancellation will be as follows: Before 20 September 2012, the hotel payment will be refunded in full, except the bank and administration fee. After this date no refund will be made. Refunds will always be made after the Congress. In case of no-show, your room will be cancelled automatically and as per the cancellation conditions no refund will be made. In case you decide to change your hotel reservation after 20 September 2012 or during the congress, the hotel reserves the right to charge you all nights initially booked. However, AOPC, as well as the hotel will try to re-sell the room to another BIR (late) registrant to avoid unnecessary costs.
In case of “force majeure” or any other circumstances beyond the control of BIR resulting in the partial or complete cancellation of the Convention (and of any part of its programme), BIR and AOPC cannot be held liable and convention registration fees will not be refunded to BIR registered delegates.
Personal data protection: AOPC informs you that all personal data that you indicate on the registration form will be stored in an automated processing file of AOPC’s property registered in the General Record Department of the Spanish Data Protection Agency. All your personal data will be processed with a maximum degree of confidentiality, according to the Privacy and Security Policy of AOPC and with total compliance to the Personal Data Protection Law 15/1999 of 13 December. By filling in the registration form, you allow AOPC to store your personal data for an automated and documentary treatment, as well as for its publication in the necessary documentation which will be edited during or after the preparation of the convention, even for future editions. We also inform you that you can exercise your rights to opposition, access, rectification and cancellation of your personal data, sending your request at the following address : AOPC – Edif Colon, Av. Drassanes 6, - 08001 Barcelona (Spain) – email@example.com