BIR’s twice-yearly conventions are the highlight of the global recycling events calendar.
The conventions are designed to give companies and individuals in the recycling industry the opportunity to:
- Make new contacts in a truly international environment: BIR brings together more than 70 nationalities from around the world, creating excellent networking opportunities and a great place to build partnerships.
- Follow industry trends: BIR conventions provide analytical commodity information and market forecasts.
- Keep up-to-date on international legislation affecting trade.
- Stay abreast of technology developments: BIR conventions feature an international exhibition of key recycling machinery/equipment and services.
- Participate in lively debates during keynote sessions with high-profile guest presentations.
BIR has almost 70 years of experience in organising conventions that are customised to meet the industry's needs and contribute to its further development.
As a non-profit organisation, the income from BIR events is reinvested in BIR's work on behalf of its members. By investing in BIR conventions, you are directly supporting the future of the recycling industry.
BIR events attract participants from across the globe, and depending on the convention venue, the regional spread varies. It was interesting to note that at our last World Recycling Convention & Exhibition in Berlin, the five strongest delegations were from Germany, India, USA, Italy and Spain.