Applying for BIR membership is a simple process that you can complete online.
Please take a look at our explanatory video (link) that contains all the necessary information for a successful completion of the application process.
Please note that the following conditions must be fulfilled when applying for BIR membership:
- Give evidence of their commercial activities (and provide relative documents)
- Have been active in the industry/trade for a minimum of three years and be recognized as a company in good standing.
- Have at least 2 BIR member companies/1 federation providing our secretariat with references.
- Be in full compliance with national and international environmental legislation.
- Be in full compliance with the taxation authorities.
- Be in full compliance with the social security legislation.
You can find an overview of our currently applicable fees here.
BIR membership fees cover the current financial year (1 January to 31 December) and are to be settled upon receipt of the corresponding debit note issued by BIR.
For new applications - depending on receipt and process of the latter:
- from January until May: full membership - valid until 31 December
- from June (after the BIR Spring Convention) until October: 50% discount on the annual membership fee - valid until December
- from November (after the BIR Autumn Convention) until December of the following year: full membership fee - valid until December (of the following year)
If your company/association wants to become a BIR member, you have the following possibilities: